Do you work as a pilot? If this is the case, you understand the difficulties of maintaining your cool and relaxing, while flying at high speed through the air. Although this can be very trying. Ensuring you have the right headphone equipment can improve the experience greatly. In order to do this, you will need to find a reliable pair of pilot aviation headphones. What do you need to look for? You will find out below!
What to Look For in Pilot Aviation Headsets
When attempting to purchase a pair of pilot aviation headphones, there are numerous things to consider. Below, you will find a breakdown of the most important factors to consider.
- Price – Whether you’re purchasing a TV, piece of clothing or a headset, you’ll always want to consider price. Price is absolutely vital and you’ll want to stay, within your budget. Of course, you should make sure that you remain realistic. Set a budget and stick with it and you’ll be fine.
- Comfort – Comfort is absolutely vital! Remember that you’re going to be flying high in the sky. It could be potentially dangerous to remove your hands from the controls to adjust your headset. With this in mind, comfort is vital! The headphones should be comfortable and they should remain in place, at all times!
- ANR Technology – Aviation headphones are a little bit different from traditional headphones. They can be equipped with ANR or ANC technology. This is nothing more than active noise reduction, but it is majorly improved and is a fairly new technology. This technology is capable of reducing low frequency noises, including the plane’s engine. Choosing a pair of headphones with this technology is highly recommended.
- Microphone – Being able to communicate back and forth with those outside of the cockpit is absolutely vital! Therefore, make sure that you select a pair of headphones that are equipped with an excellent microphone. Make sure that you’re able to speak clearly with these individuals and that they’ll be able to understand you perfectly.
- Sound Quality – Sound quality is absolutely vital, when attempting to choose a pair of aviation headphones. You should make sure that you’re going to be able to hear air traffic control, without difficulty. Their voices should come through clearly and understandably. Spending extra for better sound quality is always recommended.
- A Carrying Case – Although this one isn’t absolutely necessary, a carrying case can prove to be exceptionally helpful. The case will give you the ability to carry around the headset and keep it entirely safe, when it is not in use. If your flight bag is equipped with a headset slot, this might not be such a big deal.
- Volume Controls – Always look at the headset and make sure that you inspect all of the controls carefully. They should be easily accessible, so you don’t have to remove your hands from the wheel for too long. Also, you should know that some offer volume adjustments for both ears, while others have a singular adjuster.
- Warranty – Although the majority of these headphones are well made and fairly durable, a warranty is still a nice addition. The warranty can protect your investment for a much longer period of time and will provide you with more peace of mind! A longer warranty is always better!
All of the above factors are absolutely vital, when attempting to purchase a pair of headphones for aviation purposes. Below, you will be able to find reviews for the 8 best pilot aviation headsets.
Top Rated Aviation Headphones
[easyazon_link identifier="B0011Z9PM2" locale="UK" tag="myaudiosound1-21"]David Clark H10-13.4[/easyazon_link]
[easyazon_link identifier="B010FTYRU4" locale="UK" tag="myaudiosound1-21"]Bose® A20[/easyazon_link]
[easyazon_link identifier="B0052ULBLK" locale="US" nw="y" tag="myaudiosound2-20"]Lightspeed Zulu 2[/easyazon_link]
[easyazon_link identifier="B008BXB76Y" locale="US" nw="y" tag="myaudiosound2-20"]Sennheiser S1[/easyazon_link]
[easyazon_link identifier="B0075875OE" locale="US" nw="y" tag="myaudiosound2-20"]RA200 Rugged[/easyazon_link]
[easyazon_link identifier="B004QIPE08" locale="US" nw="y" tag="myaudiosound2-20"]FARO G2-PNR Premium[/easyazon_link]
[easyazon_link identifier="B00E9JA7FQ" locale="US" nw="y" tag="myaudiosound2-20"David Clark DC PRO-X Hybrid[/easyazon_link]
[easyazon_link identifier="B003VSARXI" locale="US" nw="y" tag="myaudiosound2-20"]Lightspeed SIERRA ANR[/easyazon_link]
At the end of the day, attempting to purchase a pair of headphones for piloting purposes can be difficult, but it is not impossible. Don’t rely on someone else’s opinion. Instead, you should take the time to explore all of the various factors of these headphones and weigh these to your own preferences and desires. By doing this, you will be able to select the very best headphones for your individualistic needs!